Curl gives you answers right from the experts, including our Stylist Panel of professionals who specialize in curly hair. Meet the panelists here! Q&A: What’s your advice for communicating effectively with a new stylist? -Erin A. WENDY SAYS: Bring inspo…
It’s time to find a new curly hair stylist and you’re filled with dread. Maybe you recently moved and want to find a new ride-or-die, or maybe you were just disappointed with your last cut. Regardless, the process of finding…
If you have tight curls or work with them, you should know Aeleise Ollarvia. As a curl educator and visual artist, Aeleise uses science and simplicity to give women and stylists the knowledge they need to create and maintain beautiful,…
1. I wish people would stop asking what their curl type is. It means absolutely nothing. What’s important to know is what style you’re going for, hair density, porosity, how often you wash your hair, your lifestyle, climate, water quality,…
After helping the curly community online, she’s embarking on a journey to become a true curl specialist. Follow along as Alyson takes Curl behind the scenes of becoming a curly hair expert — and changing lives in the process.
Inside this issue:
• A record-breaking Afro
• Holiday gift guide
• The science of silver hair
• Facts behind flash drying
• New books from curly authors
• You CAN brush curly hair!
• Naturally curly haircut inspiration pics you can take to your stylist
• And a whole lot more!